Home wind turbines are electric generators that convert wind energy into clean, emission-free power. Although most large wind farms exist to power certain towns and communities, there are also smaller wind turbines for homes and homeowners. These smaller turbines can be installed on any part of your property to cover some or even all of your monthly energy needs.
A typical house usually requires a home wind turbine with a 5 kW generating capacity to meet all its energy requirements. A turbine that offers this much power would have to be around 13 to 18 feet in diameter and positioned in an area where strong winds often pass through. There are also plenty of smaller, cheaper turbines, but these variants produce less power and are less reliable than their more expensive counterparts.
|GOWE 3KW grid tie wind turbine generator||$10,340.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2000 Watt 11 Blade Missouri General Freedom II Wind Turbine||$749.98 from $729.98||Buy on Amazon|
|Missouri Freedom 5 Blade Wind Turbine Generator (12 Volts)||$390.00||Buy on Amazon|
|WINDMILL 1500W 24V 60A Wind Turbine Generator kit. MPPT...||$2,500.00 $1,500.00||Buy on Amazon|
|VEVOR Wind Turbine 1500W 48V Wind Turbine Generator Kit MPPT...||$299.99 from $149.98||Buy on Amazon|
|Happybuy Wind Turbine Generator 700W DC 24V Businesses 3...||$359.99 from $149.99||Buy on Amazon|
|VEVOR Wind Turbine 1200W 48V Wind Turbine Generator Kit MPPT...||$569.99 from $149.99||Buy on Amazon|
|GOWE Grid tie 800W wind turbine generator +controller +...||$2,435.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Wonderful Online Wind Turbine Generator kit Vertical axis...||$569.99 from $91.99||Buy on Amazon|
|SOUTHWEST WINDPOWER PRIMUS, 1-AR40-10-12, AIR 40 400W 12V||$895.00||Buy on Amazon|
What Are The Benefits of Home Wind Turbines?
The benefits of a home wind turbine depend entirely on its wind speed and turbine efficiency. So the more energy a particular wind turbine produces, the better.
A standard home wind turbine can cost around $30,000, though more expensive variants can cost as much as $70,000 (plus installation costs and other miscellaneous expenses). If you’re short on cash, there are turbines that cost less than $10,000, but they don’t produce a lot of power.
A turbine that produces around 5 kW worth of energy can produce approximately 8,000 kWh per year, assuming there are decent winds to power it. Given ideal conditions, you will be able to recoup your investment in three to five years, depending on your monthly energy consumption and other related factors. If, however, your property doesn’t get enough wind then it may take a little more time to recover your initial investment.
Aside from reducing your energy bills, home wind turbines also offer other benefits, including:
– Reduced pollution
– Immunity from rising energy costs
– Immunity from blackouts and other related problems
– Non-reliance on the energy grid
– Improved energy efficiency
– Eligibility for government incentives that promote energy efficiency or environmental conservation
What People Need to Know Before Installing a Home Wind Turbine
Before you install a set of wind turbines on your property, be sure to complete the following checklist first.
– Find out what the local zoning laws have to say with regards to wind turbines. Some communities may not allow their installation, while others may offer certain incentives.
– Find out how much energy your property consumes every month, and compare it with the projected amount of power your turbines can offer. If the turbines cannot offer enough energy then you may have to find a secondary source of power to supplement the turbines.
– Determine the amount of wind that passes through your property. Make sure that it is sufficient to power your wind turbines all year round.
– When buying a home wind turbine, make sure that they are certified by the Small Wind Certification Council, which oversees the quality of all wind turbines currently available in the market.
Once you have covered all these issues, you can purchase your wind turbines and install them on your property.
The 10 Best Home Wind Turbines
- Grid tie 3KW wind power system. Including: 1pcs 3KW wind turbine; 1pcs 3KW grid tie controller; 1pcs 3KW grid tie inverter; After your order please tell us your voltage ,110V/220V ,50HZ/60HZ.
- Metal components are fully hot dipped galvanized, hub is zinc plated - Will not rust - No need for painting or special coating for up to 50 years under normal conditions
- Raptor carbon fiber blades withstand 125 mph - Guaranteed for a lifetime, not to break under normal use.
- The permanent magnet generator has a 28 rare earth magnet rotor inside and our skewed stator core for easy turning - up to 2000 watts max output!
- The Missouri Freedom II Wind Turbines have a cut-in wind speed of 6 MPH and NO COGGING!
- Each Freedom PMG rotor contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA - more copper means more power!
- FEATURES: Integrated automatic braking system to protect from sudden and high wind speed. Easy DIY installation methods with all materials provided. Can be used in conjunction with solar panels. MPPT Maximum power point tracking built into the wind turbine generator. Made with high quality Polypropylene and Glass Fiber material with a weather resistant seal.
- PROTECTION AGAINST: UV protection coating, Sudden voltage surge and wind gust, high wind speeds with integrated automatic braking system + manual braking switch and over charging of battery.
- SPECIFICATION: Rated power: 1500W, Rated speed: 46 ft/s, Voltage system: 24V, Cut-in wind speed: 5.6mph, Suggested battery capacity: 200A or larger, Number of blades: 3, Rotor diameter: 5.6 ft and Weight: 33 lb.
- INCLUDES: 1 x Center piece (Generator), 1 x Tail Piece, 1 x MPPT Charge Controller, 3 x Blades, 1 x Nose cone, 1 x Manual brake switch, Amp meter display box, Hex Screws, Locking nuts, Spacers, Hex keys and 1 x Operational installation manual.
- WARRANTY: 1 Year manufactures warranty.
- Model: NE-1500L; Rated power: 1500 W; Maximum power: 2200 W
- Wind Turbine rated voltage: 48 V; Blades length:61inch; Number of blades: 3
- MPPT Maximum power point tracking built into the wind turbine generator. Made with high quality Polypropylene and Glass Fiber material with a weather resistant seal.
- Aluminum alloy body, the use of high-quality glass steel blades, enhanced corrosion resistance, both beautiful and durable.The use of user-friendly design, convenient installation, maintenance and overhaul.
- The wind generator kit uses a patented permanent magnet rotor alternator, with a special stator design, effectively reducing the generator torque resistance, while making the rotor and generator have a more favorable matching characteristics, the unit operation reliability.
- [MAIN PARAMETER] ~ Model: NE-700M4 ; Rated Wattage: 700W ; Max Wattage: 720W ; Rated Voltage: DC 24V ; Starting Wind Speed: 8. 2 ft/s ; Rated Wind Speed: 36. 1 ft/s ; Safe Wind Speed: 147. 6 ft/s ; Main Engine Net Weight: 46. 3 lbs ; Wind Wheel Diameter: 6. 07 ft ; Number of Blades: 3 ; Blade Material: Nylon Fiber; Generator: 3 Phase AC PMG ; Braking Method: Electromagnetic ; Wind Direction Adjustment: Auto Adjust.
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE] ~ 3Phase AC PMG, permanent magnet generator with low torque, high-power tracking intelligent microprocessor, effective regulation of current and voltage, high wind energy utilization factor, an increase of annual power generation. Low start wind speed; Auto Wind direction adjustment.
- [HIGH-QUALITY BLADE] ~ The blade material is synthetically injection molded with high-strength plastic plus 30% carbon fiber element and anti-UV anti-corrosion material. At the same time, the blade is also designed with aerodynamics to make the rotor run smoothly, reliably and quietly.
- [Dual-bearing fixed] with dual bearings, the fan movement is more stable. Low vibration and low noise. In addition, with its compact shape, It has the lowest starting wind speed and a larger windward area, enabling it to generate electricity at lower wind speeds.
- [Wide application] This wind Turbine is coated with a special process that provides excellent resistance to Oxidation and corrosion under any harsh conditions, with excellent corrosion resistance, water resistance and sand resistance. It is ideally suited for the leisure sector and is known for charging batteries for boats, gazebos, cabins or mobile homes, as well as for Green windmills, home, corporate and industrial energy supplements!
- Wind Turbine Model: NE-1200L; Rated power: 1200 W; Maximum power: 1300 W
- Rated voltage: 48 V; Wind wheel diameter: 2.9 m; Blades length:55inch; Number of blades: 3
- Integrated automatic braking system to protect from sudden and high wind speed. Easy DIY installation methods with all materials provided. Can be used in conjunction with solar panels.
- MPPT Maximum power point tracking built into the wind turbine generator. Made with high quality polypropylene and glass fiber material with a weather resistant seal.
- This wind turbine generator kit ideal for both rural and urban applications, including roof top mounted. On the shape of the roof, the wind flow over the roof can be concentrated, leading to an increased energy output.
- This items including : 2pcs 400W wind turbine with grid tie controller ,2pcs waterproof grid tie inverter ! Why Off Grid Systems Should Include Wind? Wind provides power at night. Wind is strongest during the winter months when solar resources are limited. Wind provides power during poor weather conditions. Air density is higher in colder weather and maximizes power production.
- Note: The inverter group of at most 6 inverters can be used for the 220V grid, and that of at most 4 inverters can be used for the 110V grid. Package list: One micro grid inverter; One user manual; One pouch of screw; One Warranty card;
- LED Lamp Indication: Green LED: Operation indicator, which flashes at high frequency; Red LED: Failure indicator, which flashes slowly; Blue LED: MPPT indicator, which flashes slowly
- The time of flashing of the red LED represents specific failures as follow: Single Flashing: Input undervoltage/overvoltage; Double Flashing: Power grid underfrequency/overfrequency; Triple Flashing: Power grid undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 4 Times: Output overcurrent; Flashing 5 Times: Input overcurrent;
- Flashing 6 Times: High temperature protection; Flashing 7 Times: PWM driving undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 8 Times: Internal voltage reference undervoltage/overvoltage; Flashing 9 Times: Sensor bias current error; Flashing 10 Times: Hardware zero passage detection failure. Noted that the above operations can only be performed with the power grid connected.
- 1.Notice this, this product is made up of Host and mutual conductance accessories.Plz select both of them from our shop, so that you can get the complete wind turbine.
- 2.Low start-up speed, high wind energy utilization; small size, beautiful shape, low operating vibration.
- 3.Humanized design, convenient equipment installation, maintenance and repair.
- 4.Aluminum alloy wind turbine blades, with optimized aerodynamic shape and structural design, high wind energy utilization factor, increase of annual power generation.
- 5.Adopts the patent technology of the permanent magnet rotor ac generator, special design for stator, effectively reduce the resistance torque of the generator, it's just 1/3 of common generator, while the wind wheel and the generator has better matching characteristics and unit running reliability.
- Advanced microprocessor technology for superior performance and high wind protection without mechanical braking.
- Blades designed for quieter operation, durability and optimum energy capture in most wind speeds.
- Lightweight design is simple and easy-to-install; integrated controller for plug-and-play operation.
- Produces 40 kWh of energy per month generating energy in a wide range of wind speeds.
- Pair with solar PV for redundant energy production year-round.